This blog is dedicated to female teachers who want to dress professionally while still enjoying the creativity and personal satisfaction of finding, coordinating, and playing with clothes! Dressing professionally does not mean that a woman has to completely smother her own fashion sense or lose the joy of constructing, tweaking, and revamping her teacher wardrobe. Maybe this comes from a long childhood history of playing dress-up with my cousins and sister (and sometimes little brother!), but I can have so much fun customizing and experimenting with my teacher wardrobe - I like to find little details and personalizing features that make my outfits my own and add artfulness and finesse. With this blog, I hope to open up a space for discussion about how to dress in a flattering and polished way that makes us feel proud, confident, and happy to put on our clothes in the morning!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Welcome!
Let us join together in the mission to vanquish this vest and all other teaching attire tragedies!

This blog is dedicated to female teachers who want to dress professionally while still enjoying the creativity and personal satisfaction of finding, coordinating, and playing with clothes! Dressing professionally does not mean that a woman has to completely smother her own fashion sense or lose the joy of constructing, tweaking, and revamping her teacher wardrobe. Maybe this comes from a long childhood history of playing dress-up with my cousins and sister (and sometimes little brother!), but I can have so much fun customizing and experimenting with my teacher wardrobe - I like to find little details and personalizing features that make my outfits my own and add artfulness and finesse. With this blog, I hope to open up a space for discussion about how to dress in a flattering and polished way that makes us feel proud, confident, and happy to put on our clothes in the morning!
This blog is dedicated to female teachers who want to dress professionally while still enjoying the creativity and personal satisfaction of finding, coordinating, and playing with clothes! Dressing professionally does not mean that a woman has to completely smother her own fashion sense or lose the joy of constructing, tweaking, and revamping her teacher wardrobe. Maybe this comes from a long childhood history of playing dress-up with my cousins and sister (and sometimes little brother!), but I can have so much fun customizing and experimenting with my teacher wardrobe - I like to find little details and personalizing features that make my outfits my own and add artfulness and finesse. With this blog, I hope to open up a space for discussion about how to dress in a flattering and polished way that makes us feel proud, confident, and happy to put on our clothes in the morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very interesting Kelsey. It is so important for teachers, male and female to dress appropriately. As a male teacher I find many of my outfit choices to be boring! I like to try new things from different stores and I feel sometimes I may push the line of "professionalism". I don't think it is anything that would be seen as truly unprofessional, just not typical for what you would think a teacher might wear. Great blog idea and I look forward to seeing you many variations of outfits!
ReplyDelete